Oral NINLARO is a novel approach to proteasome inhibition, designed to deliver sustained efficacy in RRMM1,2
NINLARO is the first and only oral PI licensed in combination with Rd for the treatment of adult patients with MM who have received at least 1 prior therapy1
Adding oral NINLARO to Rd:
Achieves rapid responses and significantly extends PFS across a broad group of patients irrespective of cytogenetic risk, compared with Rd alone2
Is generally well-tolerated with manageable side effects2
Offers the convenience of an all-oral regimen with minimal additional burden on patients and the health system1,2
Oral NINLARO was studied in a broad group of RRMM patients who were treated to progression2
TOURMALINE‑MM1 is the first global, phase III, double‑blind, placebo‑controlled study investigating an oral PI in RRMM patients. The trial compared NINLARO + Rd as part of an all oral regimen versus placebo + Rd in 722 RRMM patients treated with 1-3 prior therapies2
Extended treatment can improve outcomes in MM but may be difficult to achieve3-7
A long-term treatment approach in MM should address efficacy, tolerability and patient burden4
Long-term treatment in MM remains a challenge with a number of current therapeutic options.3
TOURMALINE‑MM1 - the first global, phase III, double‑blind, placebo-controlled study investigating an oral PI in RRMM patients2
TOURMALINE‑MM1 enrolled a broad group of RRMM patients who were treated to progression2
The trial compared NINLARO + Rd as part of an all-oral regimen versus placebo + Rd in 722 RRMM patients treated with 1-3 prior therapies1,2
*Stratification: 1 vs 2 or 3 prior therapies; PI exposed vs PI naïve; and International Staging System (ISS) stage I or II vs III1,2
Adding oral NINLARO to Rd significantly extends PFS in RRMM patients2
At 14.7 months' median follow-up, oral NINLARO + Rd significantly extended median PFS by approximately 6 months compared with placebo + Rd1,2
Oral NINLARO + Rd is generally well-tolerated with manageable side effects2
Adverse events were generally Grade 1 or 2 and were manageable with supportive care2
NINLARO + Rd offers the convenience of all-oral administration1
The usual recommended starting dose of oral NINLARO is one 4 mg capsule taken once a week with lenalidomide and dexamethasone at standard dosing1
* The recommended starting dose of dexamethasone is 40 mg - each tablet contains 2 mg dexamethasone
Treatment with NINLARO in combination with Rd for longer than 24 cycles should be based on an individual benefit risk assessment1
Takeda Oncology has developed a range of information and support tools designed for patients prescribed NINLARO
- NINLARO (ixazomib capsules) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Moreau P, Masszi T, Grzasko N. N Engl J Med. 2016;374:1621-34.
- McCarthy PL, Palumbo A. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2014;28(5):839-859.
- Palumbo A, Niesvizky R. Leuk Res. 2012;36(supli S19-S26.
- Benboubker L, Dimopoulos MA, Dispenzieri A, et al; for FIRST Trial Team. N Engl J Med. 2014;371(10):906-917.
- Sonneveld P, Schmidt-Wolf IGH, van der Holt B, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(24):2946-2955, Table A2. Available at http://jcp.ascopubs.org/content/30/24/2946/T5.expansion.html. Accessed January 2017.
- Palumbo A, Gay F, Cavallo F, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33(30):3459-3466.