What is NINLARO?
Oral NINLARO is a novel approach to proteasome inhibition, designed to deliver sustained efficacy in RRMM1,2
NINLARO is the first and only oral PI licensed in combination with Rd for the treatment of adult patients with MM who have received at least 1 prior therapy1
NINLARO is an oral, highly selective and reversible PI that targets key processes inside myeloma cells and the bone marrow microenvironment.
In vitro, NINLARO1*:
- Preferentially binds and inhibits a key subunit of the 20S core of the 26S proteasome
- Has direct effects on myeloma cells, leading to myeloma cell apoptosis
- Has effects inside the bone marrow microenvironment, including inhibition of stromal cell-induced proliferation of myeloma cells, inhibition of angiogenesis, promotion of osteoblast activity, and inhibition of osteoclast activity5,6
* Direct clinical significance of preclinical data is unproven
Proteasome inhibition mechanism of action
Proteasome inhibition remains a key mechanism of action in myeloma treatment.3, 4 This short animation explains the importance of proteasome inhibition and its effects inside myeloma cells and the bone marrow microenvironment that impact tumour cell growth and survival.
- NINLARO (ixazomib capsules) Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Moreau P, Masszi T, Grzasko N. N Engl J Med. 2016;374:1621-34.
- Vincenz L, Jäger R, O'Dwyer M, Samali A. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12(6):831-843.
- White-Gilbertson S, Hua Y, Liu B. Front Genet. 2013;4(109):1-8.
- Garcia-Gomez A, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20(6):1542-54.
- Chauhan D, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5311-2.